Members are expected to stay informed with the current Return to Play Protocols at all times.
LTC RETURN TO PLAY
-Updated December 6th-
In response to recent restrictions and regulations brought down by the PHO, Tennis BC has provided us with their updated Guidelines & Protocols. Sport has been moved back into Phase 2, with some extra checks and protocols now in place.
BEFORE YOU COME TO LTC:
- Everyone should perform a self-assessment before coming to play. No one should attend the facility if they show any symptoms of being sick. Please use the self-assessment tool provided free online through: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en or through the COVID-19 BC Support App Self- assessment tool.
- Each player should bring his/her own drink, chair and hand sanitizer for use during all play on the courts (practice as well as matches).
IN ALL AREAS:
- There is now a 3-metre physical distancing regulation rather the 2-metre.
- Masks are to be worn by everyone unless physically playing.
CLUB HOUSE and ACCESS:
- Club House will remain closed and will not be accessible by members.
- Court Keys: Are not needed as a lock has been installed on the gate. Please sanitize your hands with your own sanitizer after use.
- Chairs must be set 6 feet apart.
- No doubles play is allowed at this time, unless you live in the same household.
- Benches have been removed, so bring your own chair.
- No guests at this time.
- No events are to be run at this time. This includes ‘organized play’ such as planned socials.
- Please mark your balls clearly and serve with your own balls. Pass balls to the owner, and others by using your racquet.
- Touch racquets rather than shaking hands.
- Players may change ends during a match, as long as the 3 meter physically distancing rule is followed
There are major differences between what is allowed for adults (19+) versus juniors.
- For adults, 2 is the magic number. No more than 2 are allowed on the court at any time (excluding the coach). You are now allowed only private or semi-private lessons – no group lessons.
- For juniors, you are allowed a ratio of 4-1 (student-coach).
By playing on LTC courts, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the Guidelines, Rules of Play and Regulations of Langford Tennis Club and Tennis British Columbia as they apply to LTC and agree that by playing on LTC courts you may be waiving some of your legal rights.
Please read and follow additional tips and recommendations for players (below) prepared by Tennis Canada/Tennis BC.
Thanks to all our members for observing theses restrictions. Hopefully we'll "flatten the curve" soon so we can move back to Phase 3. In the meantime, we wish you all a wonderful and healthy Holiday Season.